The Hand & Wrist Center
3918 Long Beach Boulevard, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90807
Phone: (562) 424-9000
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
What Does Rehabilitation Provided by a Hand Therapist Entail?
A Hand Therapist provides specialized rehabilitation services for patients with upper extremity dysfunction due to trauma or medical conditions. Working closely with the physicians, a Hand Therapist specializes in the rehabilitation of persons with conditions affecting the hand and upper quadrant. They evaluate and treat a variety of conditions including:
- Upper extremity fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Tendon lacerations with a focus on early mobilization (to prevent function-limiting adhesions)
- Traumatic disorders/conditions
- Nerve injuries (including compressions and lacerations)
- Compression syndromes (including Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel, and others; conservative & post-operative
- Arthritic conditions (pre- and post- operative)
- Tendon transfers
- Cumulative trauma disorder
- Elbow pathologies (pre- and post-operative management)