The Hand & Wrist Center
3918 Long Beach Boulevard, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90807
Phone: (562) 424-9000
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
What to Expect
March 27, 2020
Dear Patients, Referring Physicians and Colleagues,
In response to COVID-19, we want to reassure everyone that our Center is currently open. Unless otherwise mandated, our Center will remain open Monday through Friday, and we will also continue to be available for telephone consultation at any time, including after our Center has closed for the day.
Specifically, our goal is to help those in our community, with hand and wrist injuries, bypass our local, overwhelmed urgent care centers, emergency rooms, and hospitals.
We continue to be available for pressing and urgent appointments and we can now also provide most surgical services on site.
We are also now offering (video-chat) Telehealth Services via Zoom for both new and established patients. The scope of this new service is to provide preliminary evaluation, screening and treatment recommendations for sick patients and/or any patient who is unable to physically visit our Center at this time. Additional details regarding our Telehealth Services will be posted on our website soon.
We continue to take evolving measures to ensure the health and cleanliness of our Center on a daily basis. Please be assured that we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure everyone’s safety, and therefore, we are enforcing the following, additional steps for all appointments and visits:
- Registration forms can be downloaded from our website https://www.handwristcenter.com/patient-resources/patient-forms/ and can be completed electronically. Completed forms and insurance card copies can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (562) 424-9067 ahead of all appointments.
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout our Center, but hand washing before and after all appointments is mandatory. Our staff can assist patients with handwashing whenever necessary.
- We are enforcing “check-in by telephone” for all in-office appointments. Patients can simply call us when they arrive at our Center (and are parked outside) and wait in their vehicle until an exam room is ready for them.
- Copays, coinsurance and all other payments can be processed by telephone.
- We have an online Patient Portal handwristportal.com where copies of medical records, copies of completed patient forms, school and work notes can be viewed and downloaded at any time after all appointments.
- Our Center can now process disability forms electronically with the Employment Development Department (EDD). And paper claim forms can still be processed at any time.
We will update our website with evolving information regarding our services, hours and other Center information as changes arise.
In the meantime, we hope that this information is reassuring and helpful, and we sincerely thank you for your continued business!
Wishing everyone health,
Ross Nathan, M.D., Medical Director Amanda Merino, Administrator
Our primary goal is to ensure that every appointment is pleasant and informative, as well as timely. For your planning, the following are average appointment time intervals on a typical business day*:
|New patients:||30 – 60 minutes*|
|Established patients/follow-ups:||0 – 20 minutes*|
|Pre-ops:||0 – 15 minutes|
|Therapy:||30 – 60 minutes*|