The Hand & Wrist Center
3918 Long Beach Boulevard, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90807
Phone: (562) 424-9000
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
What to Expect
June 15, 2021
Dear Patients, Referring Physicians and Colleagues,
We want to reassure everyone that our Center is open. Unless otherwise mandated, our Center will remain open Monday through Friday, and we will also continue to be available for telephone consultation at any time, including after our Center has closed for the day.
Specifically, our goal is to help those in our community, with hand and wrist injuries, bypass our local, overwhelmed urgent care centers, emergency rooms, and hospitals.
We continue to be available for pressing and urgent appointments, as well as routine appointments and in-office procedures. We have also resumed the scheduling of all outpatient surgical services at our local surgical centers.
In response to Covid-19, we continue to take evolving measures to ensure the health and cleanliness of our Center on a daily basis. Please be assured that we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure everyone’s safety, and therefore, we continue to enforce the following, additional steps for all in-person appointments and visits:
- Registration forms can be downloaded from our website https://www.handwristcenter.com/patient-resources/patient-forms/ . Completed forms and insurance card copies can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (562) 424-9067 ahead of all appointments.
- We are enforcing “check-in by telephone” for all in-person appointments. Patients must call us when they arrive at our Center (and are parked outside) and wait in their vehicle until an exam room is ready for them. To “check in,” please dial (562) 424-9000, then press the “2” key to reach our “Appointments” staff.
- Copays, coinsurance and all other payments can be processed by telephone with a credit card to minimize physical contact.
- Face masks are REQUIRED for entry into our Center. Face masks do not have to be of a medical-grade or N95, but they must effectively and securely cover both nose and mouth.
- Only patients are allowed in the exam rooms. Exceptions are only made for minor patients (one parent is allowed) and patients who must be accompanied by a caregiver (one caregiver is allowed).
- Hand sanitizers are available throughout our Center, but hand washing before and after all appointments is mandatory. Our staff can assist patients with handwashing whenever necessary.
- We clean and sanitize all patient-care areas and workspaces before and after each patient.
- We have an online Patient Portal handwristportal.com where copies of medical records, copies of completed patient forms, school and work notes can be viewed and downloaded to minimize physical contact.
- Our Center processes disability forms electronically with the Employment Development Department (EDD) to minimize physical contact. Paper claim forms can still be processed at any time.
- We ask all patients and visitors to reschedule their appointments if they feel ill prior to any scheduled appointment.
We will update our website with evolving information regarding our services, hours, and other Center information as changes arise.
In the meantime, we hope that this information is reassuring and helpful, and we sincerely thank you for your continued business!
Wishing everyone health,
The Hand & Wrist Center
Our primary goal is to ensure that every appointment is pleasant and informative, as well as timely. For your planning, the following are average appointment time intervals on a typical business day*:
|New patients:||30 – 60 minutes*|
|Established patients/follow-ups:||0 – 20 minutes*|
|Pre-ops:||0 – 15 minutes|
|Therapy:||30 – 60 minutes*|